the PIEPS Freeride Team came together on the 31st of october for the annual meeting on Stubai Glacier in best weather conditions – sunshine and comfortable temperatures greeted all athletes as well as Gregor Krenn and Stephan Skrobar, representing PIEPS.
Gregor Krenn showed off product news, like the software updates for the PIEPS DSP Pro and PIEPS DSP Sport, as well as the final version of the PIEPS Jetforce Airbag Backpack.
The biggest changes in the software include:
PIEPS DSP Pro and PIEPS DSP Sport:
• Check Mode – after turning the device on to send mode, you have the possibility to enter the transceiver Check Mode, which will enable you to easily check the devices of your group for functionality and if the frequencies are in the normed range.
PIEPS DSP Pro only:
• Auto-Revert Search-to-Send – when you are in search mode and don’t move for 30 seconds, the device will start a visual countdown accompanied by an audio signal. after another 30 seconds, the switch back to send mode will occur, and a continuos audio signal will let the user know that their device is now back in send mode. although it is recommended to keep this function disabled and carry a PIEPS Backup instead, as this is the safest setup in case of a follow-up avalanche (the device might get ripped out of your hands in this case), it is still an improvement in safety.
Always keep your software up to date! To find out your current software version, just switch on your device and the software version number will be shown on screen.
All PIEPS Dealers are able to update the software version of your device, click here to find the one nearest to you!
The PIEPS Jetforce is now ready for sale and has already won 2 important industry awards - the Fast Forward Award 2014 and the ISPO Award Gold 2014.
It will come in 2 different versions, the Tour Pro with 34 liters and the Tour Rider holding 24 liters.
The advantages of a PIEPS Jetforce over other systems are:
• continuos inflation of the Airbags during 3 minutes, ensuring an inflated Airbag even in the case of small tears in the material. after this period of time the Airbag will be automatically deflated, leaving a big hollow space filled with air in the snow.
• after an inflation, the Airbag can easily be repacked and is immediately ready for another deploy.
• the PIEPS Jetforce can be taken abord all planes, no permission is required.
• the battery of the PIEPS Jetforce can be reloaded easily at home and lasts at least for 4 deploys.
We also refreshed our avalanche rescue skills, working in groups on the different phases of searching for a buried avalanche transceiver.
Afterwards, we indulged in coffee, tea and cakes & ended our day chatting away in the sunshine.
It was a great day, thanks to PIEPS for having us!